Wednesday 27 July 2016

Our very own angel from Heaven

I heard recently at a sermon that God could not be everywhere, so He made mothers. For those of us who are fortunate and blessed to still have our mothers with us, we should thank the Almighty that they are still around. I am grateful to be blessed with a mother who so completely lived her life for her children.

It does not matter what age a mother or her child/children are, it is a never ending thankless job. Nothing is a bigger proof of what goes around comes around (sometimes multi-fold) than motherhood (as I have come to understand during my very brief stint with motherhood). I have come to appreciate the mother duty much more now than I did when I was a teen or maybe even older than that. It is a 24x7 job, in the deepest sleep a mother knows if her child calls out to her. When a child is sick, a mother has no sleep or rest, she simply cannot sleep knowing her child is unwell or disturbed.

Mummy, you did this all on your own. You looked after us, you educated us, ‘found’ our life partners for us and still your duty continues. I wonder sometimes how you managed, a job, no help at home, the cooking, cleaning, washing and all else that comes along with looking after 2 children. Yet in the middle of all that you managed to find out when we read romance novels instead of studying, you knew when we watched TV on the sly and even those phone calls from boys that we thought we were so smart to cover up.

My mother taught me that charity is not only if you have to spare, but depends on the need of the person who is asking. My mother taught me to make sacrifices for the ones we love. That we should forgive those who wrong us, give second chances, she taught me selflessness and care. She taught me that life is not always fair, but hope prevails. Most importantly she taught me never to put money and materials over people. All this she did in the way she lived her life. An epitome of love and selflessness and care.


We love you ma, for who you are. We love that you are such a wonderful mother and grandmother. We love the angel that God has sent down for us. Thank You for being you. It is not the number of years that matter but how you lived those years. We pray that you continue to be our guiding light for many more years to come. Happy Birthday ma/madu.

No comments:

Post a Comment